This week, we have started to study two fantastic books set in imaginary lands. The award winning ‘Wolf Brother’ by the American author, Michelle Paver -featuring a demon bear on the rampage – and the fantasy classic, ‘The Hobbit’ by J.R.R. Tolkien. The Hobbit is an outstanding journey tale and features (see above) an encounter with Stone Giants who hurl gigantic boulders at Bilbo Baggins and his companions!
This week, year 5/6 have been researching Nunavut in Northern Canada, home of the Inuit people, in preparation to write letters to the equivalent grade 4 / 5 class at Nanasuk Elementary School in Ilaquit, the main town on Baffin Island.
This truly amazing building has won awards for its architecture and has no windows! Can you guess why that might be….?
Welcome Back Year 5/6 I hope you had a lovely holiday.
Just to let you know that PE will be on a Monday with Crewe Alex and spellings will go out on Friday for the test the following Friday.
This weeks spellings are below.
|Words with endings that sound like /shus/ spelt –tious or -ious|
Welcome to your space to write on your blog site!
A few quick tips before you delete this automated blog post:
- Make sure your first post is an exciting and engaging one!
- Ask your children what they think of the blog and what they would like to see on it. Act on their recommendations.
- Make sure your blog demonstrates to your children how much you personally love learning. Your example will be powerful.
- Celebrate your childrenâ€™s achievements and consider them the primary audience for this blog.
- Use hyperlinks to connect your children with content from other classes around your school, other websites and other schools around the globe.
Commit these tips to memory and then delete them. They will self-destruct anyway if this blog exhibits any signs of being boring.
This blog will be what you make it. Enjoy!